Malati Vasantdada Patil Kanya Mahavidyalaya Islampur was established in June 1989 in Malati Kanya Prashala prmises by Walwa Taluka Education Society, Islampur. Walwa Taluka Education Society has been doing educational work since 1945. Social reformers like Mahatma Phule, Shahu Maharaja of Kolhapur, Karmveer Bhaurao Patil worked hard for the spread of education in western Maharashtra. Late Mr. S.D.Patil founder member of Walwa Taluka Education Society was infuenced by phlosiphy and ideology of these social reformers. Mr.S.D.Patil was active in social & Political activities in Sangli District. He was president of Sangli Zillah Parishad. He was elected M.L.A., M.P.from Sangli District Mr.S.D.Patil and his co-workers founded Walwa Taluka Education Society on 18/05/1945.Read More
1) To stand for facilitating qualitative and valuable service in the field of women's education.
2) To give Liberal and Effcient education to the girls in Walwa Taluka.
3) To try to attain community and social development through infrastructural facilities of the institution.
4) To aim at overall personality development of the students.
5) To promote literacy in the socity.
6) To remove evil defects which are responsible for the bad conditions of the masses.